Other books you might like:
Romantic Tennessee: More Than 300 Things to Do for Southern Lovers
John F. Blair, Publisher
5 x 7
black-and-white sketches throughout
Published in 2002
Take the scenic route to your Tennessee lover’s heart!
Much more than just a travel guide to Lover’s Lane, Romantic Tennessee is the perfect companion to finding something special to do with your special someone—from the Smoky Mountains to the banks of the Mississippi. Romantic Tennessee has something for every age, budget, and season of the year—from a few stolen moments to long weekend getaways.
- Enjoy dinner and live entertainment on the General Jackson Showboat, as it cruises on the Cumberland River in Nashville.
- Sign up for two days and nights of horseback riding, camping, and whitewater rafting at Gannon’s French Broad Outpost Ranch near Del Rio.
- Board The Volunteer excursion train for a trip through Tennessee Walking Horse country from Shelbyville to historic Wartrace.
- Enjoy one bodacious party at the largest barbecue competition in the world, held during the Memphis in May International Festival.
- Take your own Grand Tour of Tennessee by visiting the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Parthenon in Nashville, and the Pyramid in Memphis.
- Buy your lover some Tennessee pearl jewelry after watching underwater divers harvest the pearls at the Tennessee River Freshwater Pearl Farm near Camden.
- After hiking all day with a llama, soak in an outdoor hot tub at Ocoee Mist Farm Bed-and-Breakfast near Benton.