Internship & Jobs
OUR SUMMER INTERNSHIP HAS BEEN FILLED
You don't have to go to New York to learn about publishing! John F. Blair, Publisher, is always on the lookout for bright minds who want to learn about the publishing business. We offer internship opportunities in the sales and marketing department year-round. Though we do not offer monetary compensation with our internships, we do offer complete flexibility in work hours and a relaxed work environment. Students who intern with Blair will learn the publishing business from the ground up, from helping to acquire new works for publication to helping to ensure that finished books find their way into the hands of readers. Interns at Blair work primarily with the sales and marketing department but can also expect to participate in a wide range of activities, including:
- Assisting with title submission and database management, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Baker & Taylor
- Mailing review copies, press releases, and other promotional material to local, state, and national media
- Maintaining a clippings file and writing the monthly newsletter
- Attending weekly sales and marketing meetings
- One-on-one weekly meetings with individual staff members to get an in-depth look at each department
- Participating in the acquisitions process
- Assisting with the maintenance of the company website and social media outlets
- Experiencing the entire process of book publishing, from acquisition to design, to production, to distribution, and everything in-between
Please note that this position requires 15-20 hours a week, for 6-8 weeks, and is unpaid. If you provide it, we are happy to fill out the required paperwork for college and university course credits.
We will be accepting application for our Fall internship from May 1-June 15, 2016. If you'd like to join our staff to learn about publishing, please e-mail a cover letter and resumé to Anna Sutton.
There are currently no job openings at Blair.